Sunday 7 February 2010

US or UK?

Okay, this subject has been an internal debate of mine for a while.
Not to mention it's a topic that's been discussed several times over with the 'rents.
Should I go to Uni in the US, the land of opportunity? Or should I stay here in the UK?

In a way, I suppose it depends what I want to study, of which I have no idea. Although it's been narrowed down to languages. But I've also become increasingly interested in the web lately. But I think it's too late to consider something like Computer Science now. But I am taking maths, but not physics or chemistry which I think is required for uni the US. Haven't really checked for Uni in the UK. But most require maths. Gaahhh, so I think that option is scrubbed out.

I was originally intending on studying Economics, but I've just lost confidence in it whilst doing the A-level. So now, I'm very much heading towards languages, asian languages in particular, which leads me to want to go to the US since the number of universities here offering degrees in Asian languages are limited. Plus, my mom is one of those moms who wants me to go to a good university. And although Oxbridge do offer it, it's very tough to get in to. T__T And I really really really really REALLY want to do Asian languages. I love the cultures as well.

Anyways, I'd better get on with some Economics homework..
But before I go, I'll leave you with something I'm craving for at the moment:




Doesn't it look yummy?
It's called strawberry daifuku and it's basically a strawberry in mochi :P

2 comments:

  1. Woah, that looks nice.

    If you're looking for universities that do Asian languages and studies in the UK, Oxford, Cambridge, Cardiff, the School of Oriental and African studies, Nottingham, Sheffield, Manchester, Edinburgh and Leeds all offer courses, but I don't know what studies they have in particular.
    As for the US, I have no idea, I've not looked into that!

    I really really want to take Cambridge's Japanese studies BA, it's the best course out of all of them, and I've dreamed of going to Cambridge since I was a foetus. Well, not quite :P
    I think most of the courses offer a year in the country that you are studying, usually the third year of study. That swung me! XD

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh lord.. I just found this comment XD haha

    Yeah I know I've looked in to them. I'm quite keen on the Manchester courses, and Birmingham have some too. I was thinking about Edinburgh, but apparently they're too biased to Scottish students. I've considered SOAS too hehe and I quite like how Sheffield have Korean studies :)

    And OMG I know right?! Cambridge's course sounds AMAZING! I actually know someone who is doing it at the moment XD

    ReplyDelete